People have been raving about the Jillian Michaels Dandelion Root Detox. The detox is pretty simple and consists of a combination of a special detox water (recipe below), eating clean, and regular exercise. The detox works by cleansing your body of toxins and helping eliminate up to 5 pounds of water weight in only 7 days! Want to try it out? Keep reading for 3 simple steps to success.
1. Drink The Dandelion Root Detox Water
- 60 ounces distilled water
- 1 tbsp sugar-free cranberry juice
- 1 Raw Organic Dandelion Root Tea Bag
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Directions: Brew the tea bag as directed on the box and let it cool (save the tea bag). Mix all ingredients together, plus the tea bag you set aside earlier. Start drinking! If you’re drinking enough of the mixture you’ll have to make a new batch every day for 7 days.
2. Eat Clean
Jillian Michaels stresses the importance of eating properly during the dandelion root detox in her video. Since you’re trying to eliminate toxins in your body, you will want to make sure you’re eating a lot of healthy, plant-based foods, including lots of raw fruits and vegetables, and a moderate intake of whole grains, and flaxseed. Here is a list of top fat-burning food recommendations from Jillian’s video:
- Caffeine (in moderation): It can boost your metabolism up to 6%. When you take caffeine an hour before working out it will also boost your testosterone levels which will help you shed fat and improve fitness endurance and burn more calories.
- Foods with high levels of vitamin C: Vitamin C fights off viral colds and keeps your cortisol (a fat-packing hormone) production minimal.
- Brazil Nuts: They’re loaded with selenium which supports your thyroid and helps you burn fat and calories. Plus, they have zinc in them which helps your body create a hormone called leptin (responsible for making you feel more full).
- Garlic: It boosts testosterone which helps maintain new muscle mass and helps shed fat.
As she also stresses in the video above, it’s important you eat organic, not only while on the dandelion root detox but as much as possible. Organic foods must comply with USDA regulations, which means it’s over 95% free of the pesticides, toxins, antibiotics, and hormones that are commonly found in non-organic foods. These pesticides, toxins, antibiotics, and hormones can mess with your metabolism and put you at risk for autoimmune disease.
While cleansing you should also avoid processed food, sodium, and sugar. Fresh fruit is the exception (although you don’t want to go overboard). The USDA daily fruit intake recommendation for adults is about 2 cups for “individuals who get less than 30 minutes a day of moderate exercise.” So if you’re working out, there’s no harm in having more. Despite the sugar content of fruit, it’s still great for you because the sugar in fruit is naturally occurring (fructose) and it’s balanced out by high levels of vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants, and water.
While cleansing, dieting or detoxing you’ll generally get more noticeable results if you incorporate moderate exercise. Exercise is great for your body and your mind, and also a great way to get your blood pumping and cleanse your organs. It can, however, be strenuous if you’re over-exerting yourself. If you’re tired from cutting back on calories (and especially from the sudden elimination of sugar), you can follow a few easy tips to safely get the most out of your detox.
- Take it easy: Don’t overdo it during your detox. If you’re an avid runner, try some brisk walking instead. Light yoga or cycling will also boost your endorphins and keep your spirits up if you find yourself crashing from sugar withdrawal.
- Avoid high impact exercise: Avoid intense workouts and long training sessions. Too much exercise during a detox can be hard on your digestive tract and can leave you feeling faint.
Just remember, detoxes can be challenging and you may feel less strong than usual, so while exercise is an important part of a successful detox, slowing down a bit and having patience with yourself is equally important.
Ready to try the Jillian Michaels Dandelion Root Detox? To help you out, we’re extending you a secret 10% discount (plus we’ll pay shipping!) on our Organic Raw Dandelion Root Tea using the link below.
Let me know how it goes in the comments below!