Recipe category: Healthy Beverages / Lattes
Cuisine: American Green Tea Latte
There are plenty of health benefits to drinking matcha, including regulation of cholesterol and blood sugar, as well as prevention of age-related illness. Matcha is also great for weight loss support as it curbs hunger and increases thermogenesis (your body’s rate of burning calories), plus it provides a long-lasting energy boost (and focus) without any jitters or caffeine crash. Give this matcha latte recipe a try!
1 tsp. Matcha powder
1 cup skim
1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- Place matcha in the bottom of a coffee mug or other heat-proof cup.
- Bring milk to a simmer in a small pot.
- Whisk a little of the heated milk with your matcha until there are no clumps.
- Add the rest of the milk and continue whisking.
- Tip the cup to while whisking to get more froth.
- Sweeten with agave syrup if desired.
Makes 1 latte.
Nutritional info (using skim milk):
3.55 Ounces (100 grams)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Sodium 129 mg||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 26g|
|Includes 14g Added Sugars||28%|
|Vitamin D 3mcg||15%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. This is based on a 2000 calorie per day diet.|
Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!